Thursday 3 March 2011

It's Only Just Begun


Last night I hit on a Website that despite putting in a 16 hour day of research on the internet (albeit with plenty of twitter action) kept me up till 3 or 4am. I could easily have read and read and read but I thought a few hours sleep would do me good. Prior to the big discovery, I watched a psychologist from Melbourne do a two hour lecture on a few thousand interviews she had conducted with children who seem to have different qualities and characteristics than previous generations. That in itself was solid Gold as the dots started to connect up from disparate areas of study stretching back to Hong Kong and that's saying something given my chosen areas to focus on were originally quantum mechanics and mysticism.


Naturally those two topics led me into some very choppy areas. Both are riddled with blaggers and hucksters. Keeping an open mind while at the same time retaining some critical faculties is possibly the hardest emotionally-intellectual exercise I've ever taken on. 
Both are thin on facts and long on "true enoughs" as Wittgenstein put it. Some days I just went to bed utterly confused and questioning when would it stop. Other days I've had to reverse everything I was jubilant about the previous day. Today feels different.


Finally I got to a site that I believe was so coherent across all the disciplines of study I've acquired over the last year or so that the "I've arrived" feeling was hard to shake off. I've slept on it. Only a couple of hours but I feel it's survived the overnight test. There's a lot more supportive reading I can and must do but in principle I think I can knock these 18 hour data inhalation fests I am hopelessly addicted to and start to put my affairs in order as I've neglected a lot to get this far. At best I'm about six months ahead of the curve (if at all) but if I can be useful. I will.  I have one more post about advertising to make and then I will focus on what's interesting or useful for the next few years. I've already removed the ad related stuff from my side columns a couple of days ago. It's a revenue model facing ovewhelming abundance at some point, as well as an emotional shift in tolerance, and so that means the clock is ticking. As indeed it has been for nature for so perilously long.


Wow. That was wild.