Wednesday 18 May 2011

1930's Colour Photography


I can never get enough of early colour photography and film. The last work to blow me away was the Russian triple monchrome colour filtered photography at the turn of the century stuff by Sergei Mikhailovich Prokudin-Gorskii. I feel like a time traveller looking at this work. It's too complicated to explain (even to myself) quite why though it is partly related to the 'upgrading' experience from black and white to colour. I must think some more about that because there's a lot of neurological stuff going on.

I hope you take notice of the food content below and from the original link because this whole centralised, pre-packaged, distribution-intense, just-in-time, hyphenated-international-food-grid that we've become dependant on is going to change. This I'm certain of because it's so wasteful and unsustainable. It's delusional to think otherwise.


The photography is from the Daily Mail. Now it's not hard to figure out that I've serious issues with the Daily Mail's bait and hate game of fear marketing, but I will say that in the last couple of months it's the most informative (if you can sift the disinformation out like all newspapers have) and interesting paper on the planet. I only tell you that because they will break the big news coming soon in the next few months. That's their reward for keeping the establishment happy. I believe the internet traffic currently reflects this.